Friday 28 March 2014

Story Of A Youth Who Slept With A Corpse

One day, Ma'az Ibn Jabal came weeping to the presence of the holy prophet (saws). The holy prophet (saws) asked him the reason for weeping. Ma'az replied, "O prophet! A youth is standing at your door and weeping as a mother weeps at the dead body of her young son.". The prophet called him in. The youth came in and saluted the prophet (saws). The prophet (saws) answered his salutation and asked him
the reason why he cry so bitterly.

The youth replied, "O prophet of Allah! Why should I not cry, for I have committed a grave sin. I fear that if Allah takes into account that sin of mine, and no doubt He shall do so, He shall throw me head-long into the fire of Hell."

The Holy prophet (saws) replied, "Have you committed 'Shrik (polytheism)?". He said: "I seek refuge in Allah from being a Mushrik (polytheist)." The prophet asked, "Then have you killed anyone without any reason?" He replied in the negative. The prophet then said, "Even if your sins is bigger than the mountains, Allah shall forgive you." He replied, "Verily my sin is bigger than that." The prophet said, "Then if your sin is bigger than the seven worlds, the seas, the trees and whatever is in them, then too Allah is merciful, He shall forgive you. He replied that his sin was even greater than that. The heavens, the Throne (Arsh) and the Chair (kursi), then too the Beneficent Allah will forgive you." The man still persisted.

Then the holy prophet (saws) turned towards him in 'anger' and said,"O young man! Is your sin bigger than the Almighty." The youth replied, "Verily my Lord is free from all shortcomings, nothing is greater or bigger than Him, and He is above all things." The holy prophet (saws) then said, "Who else besides the Almighty has got the power to forgive big sins. The young man replied, "Truly O Master, no one except Him has the power." The Prophet said:"Now then young man, tell me as to what sin have you committed for whose forgiveness you have lost all hope of mercy." The young man replied, "O Apostle of Allah! Since the past seven years I have been digging the graves of people and robbing their shrouds.

One day a young girl from among the Ansars died and was buried. As usual I went to the graveyard with the intention of robbing the shroud. I saw a newly formed grave and dug it, then I removed the shroud from her dead body, and leaving her Unclad I started going away. Suddenly I looked at her, shaitaan tempted me and the girl seemed beautiful in my eyes. By now shaitaan had over-powered me and I turned towards the girl and had intercourse with her. Then I left her in that state and started leaving when I heard a voice from behind me saying:"O young man! May Allah curse you!...May your youth burn in Hell-fire." The youth continued, "After having committed this sin, I am sure that I will not be able to even smell the fragrance of Paradise."

The holy prophet (saws) replied, "O fornicator! Go away from me, I fear lest the fire of hell would burn me along with you, for you have gone quite to it."

NB: Why did the holy prophet (saws) not order punishment on this youth (if you ever think everything about Islam if punishment)? It should be noted here that this attitude of the holy prophet towards the young man was so as to put fear (of Allah and hereafter) in his heart, so that he may feel ashamed and repent sincerely for this indecent acts, as will be seen later.

No comments :

Post a Comment

COMMENT